Storyware is seeking a web developer ready to work on the next generation of digital experiences for some of the world’s greatest brands. This is primarily a front-end web development role, that would also involve a bit of PHP for templating. As a Storyware web developer, you will work closely with our talented team of developers and designers to help build the perfect website, CMS or product for various clients.
Involved throughout an entire project, you will be exposed to the elements of our process, including user research, content strategy, information architecture and wireframing, as well as the methods and tools that make our projects and clients successful.
- Understand project requirements and collaborate with our development team and stakeholders to deliver the perfect solution for our clients.
- Develop responsive, cross-browser compatible user experiences on WordPress.
- Provide assistance with quality assurance testing, both browser and functional.
- Assist clients with technical support documentation and content generation.
- Learn to design, develop, test, and deploy web based solutions using common standards and frameworks.
- Leverage Storyware’s internal programs and self-directed training to continually develop industry relevant knowledge and skills.
- Basic understanding of design principles, typography, web standards and usability.
- Ability to clearly communicate your technical ideas, concepts, and solutions to team members with varying degrees of technical knowledge.
- Ability to work on multiple projects in a fast paced, rapidly changing environment.
- Provide code samples or project examples demonstrating recent work and capabilities.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Familiarity with CSS pre-processors (SCSS/SASS, Compass, Less).
- Familiarity with modern PHP frameworks and best practices.
- Experience developing WordPress themes and /or plugins.
- Active GitHub account and contributions.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or an equivalent concentration.
This is a full-time, salaried position with benefits. You can work out of our office in Charlottesville, Virginia or remote if you live in the Mid-Atlantic United States. We will entertain part-time inquiries as well. Compensation is based on candidate experience.